Tuesday 10 November 2015

Tiny house design ready - house plans being drafted...

Last week I waited to hear back from Elisha with the final design.  On Friday afternoon, I drove down to Stillpoint Yoga Retreat Centre near Picton, for a reunion weekend of yoga with sister yoginis and brother yogis . We spent a very special year back in 2000-2001 doing yoga teacher training together with Glenn.  This was our 15th year reunion, and there were sixteen of us - only missing a few from our original group.  A couple of people couldn't come, and then there was Lori, for whom we had held a memorial retreat last year.

I checked my phone frequently to see if Elisha had sent me the design, but was not able to get a signal where we were.  I slept comfortably both nights in my truck, but Saturday evening the temperature dropped quite a bit.  I woke early, feeling cold, and decided to get up.
Like me, Glenn is an early riser, and was up, so he offered me a delicious cappuccino.  Where else could I find such special treatment at 4 a.m.!  I also realized that he had wireless internet, so I checked and discovered that Elisha had sent me the design Friday afternoon after I left Ottawa.

Here is the more or less final design.  I originally had the yoga room with a separate outside entrance and not connected to the rest of the house, which was a mistake, so we changed the yoga/guest bathroom to have two doors, one from the kitchen, the other from the yoga studio.  Although this design doesn't show it, this change means that we will move the stairs out a bit, giving slightly more room in the kitchen and reducing the overall size of the living room slightly.





No comments:

Post a Comment