Monday 2 November 2015

Preparing for the big move...

Last week my real estate agent came out to look at my house.  As soon as I complete the projects left - uograding the floor in the dining room and living room, minor improvements to the kitchen and downstairs bathroom, upgrading the upstairs bathroom, plus repainting the bedrooms and ceilings - we will list the property, probably in January.  Ideally, my house will have found a new owner by June, when I will be heading west.

Last Sunday I took a train to Montreal to look at a small used pick-up, and ended up buying it and driving it home the same day. Am now looking for a buyer for my lovely Mazda 3 with moon roof.  My very first truck!  It is a beautiful little blue Mazda B-4000, with camper top, roof rack, and trailer hitch so that I can bring my furniture west.  I never would have imagined that I would be driving a truck.  Next week I am going to a weekend yoga retreat and will try sleeping in it on a futon.  And have plans to install some pretty floral curtains to clearly show it is a no macho truck!

My friend Linda is planning to join me on our Canada-wide trip, and we are having fun planning our destinations.  We will be taking my canoe to its new home - my son in Calgary - and en route plan to use it to explore some of our beautiful parks, such as Pukaswa on Lake Superior and do some canoe-in camping.  We will possibly head south of the border to visit a friend in Ely, Minnesota, and then stay at a couple of farm or ranch B&Bs on the Prairies.  Departure date will be May 29th, and our final destination will be Gabriola Island.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so exciting. I hope you stop in the Prairies to see me.

    ReplyDelete