Monday 23 November 2015

Equanimity


e·qua·nim·i·ty
ˌekwəˈnimədē/
noun
  1. mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation.
    "she accepted both the good and the bad with equanimity"
    synonyms:composurecalm, level-headedness, self-possessioncoolheadedness, presence of mind.

For the past two weeks I have been moving full speed ahead on preparing my home for staging and selling.  It has been complete chaos, as I have been getting the ceilings painted throughout the house, as well as the walls in the three bedrooms, bathroom and dining room, as well as the stairs to the basement and the basement trim.  I am also removing the flooring in the bathroom, living and dining room in preparation for new hardwood floors and new bathroom flooring.

After another typical crazy day yesterday, last night when I got home I filled the bathtub and added some eucalyptus bubble bath, lit a beeswax candle, poured myself a glass of wine, and turned on some mellow music by Deva Premal and Mittra. The house may be turned upside down, but lying in my tub with the lights out and just the warm glow of the beeswax candle, I felt total calmness and relaxation flow over me, truly equanimity in the midst of a storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment