Wednesday 4 November 2015

Tentative Dates

We will be getting the house plans drafted up this month, with an engineer's input regarding the roof line, and start the process to get the necessary permits to dig the foundation in January 2016.

We will be building the shell of the house first, and are optimistic that at least my yoga room/guest bedroom and functional bathroom and kitchen will be in place in time for mid June arrival on Gabriola.

We will have to remove and take apart the existing deck, which means that I can design a more interesting shape for it.

The revised layout will be posted later this week.

Meanwhile back in Ottawa I have starting taking up the flooring in the living room and dining room in preparation for a new bamboo hardwood floor, and have hired a handyman who is my neighbour to help finish off some of the things on my checklist before selling the house.

Curiously enough, a friend who is living in BC is contemplating moving to Ottawa and has been asking for information about my place.  Serendipitous - anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment