Monday 23 November 2015

Out with the old...


With the painting almost complete, we are moving on to the floor - most of the parquet flooring in the living room and dining room has been removed.  Simon and I have been brainstorming what we might make out of all this parquet flooring - some sort of Christmas crafty sort of thing - in our spare time.  I have had an ad on Kijiji offering it for free, but haven't had any takers.

Kevin is installing the floor, and I am hopeful that I can keep a section of the dining room floor intact that has an interesting pattern on it, with the idea of using it to make a table.  Simon will be building a firebox, so that I can remove all of the logs to the left of the fireplace.  This, combined with cleaning the stone, will make the fireplace even more of a "feature".

The bathroom floor is in poor shape, so we may have to remove it and replace it with a new plywood underlay.  Once that is done, however, it should be fairly quick to install the vinyl flooring I have.

Once these floors are completed I will be able to put my house back in order.  All of the walls are bare, and so I will have to pick a few select pictures to put on the walls.  The curtains have all been laundered or dry-cleaned, and now need ironing before they can be rehung.

I really like the idea of living in a completely new home - something I have never done before.  


No comments:

Post a Comment