Friday 30 October 2015

Who would have guessed that toilets could be so interesting?


Clearly, having only one bedroom is fine for one person, but could create problems when guests are around.

So I decided to remove the toilet from the bathroom, leaving space to put in a two-person sauna. I then created two new small rectangular bathrooms for the sink/toilet combo, one accessed from the kitchen, the other from the yoga room.

Here is a picture of the Caroma sink/toilet combo:



Then I was told that a sink over toilet looks like a jail toilet, and I read that you have to straddle the toilet to use the sink.  Clearly not ideal.

Here is another interesting solution by Sink Positive, a company in Greensboro, North Carolina which is a retrofit you can use to turn the toilet lid into a sink, delivering a clean, environmentally friendly, and touch-free hand wash with every flush.  This currently retails for US$139.  Compact, yes, but with the same drawbacks as the Caroma.


And for an ultramodern look, there is this option manufactured by Roca in Spain which has galleries in Madrid and Barcelona.


My solution will be to use either a corner toilet or compact toilet, with a tiny sink to one side of it, and change the room to a 36" to 42" square room.  A corner vanity could complete the bathroom.


Here is a compact toilet:

and small vessel sink I am considering from the Montreal-based company Bath Depot.

And my wish list includes an outdoor shower, for which I found a great plan with pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment